Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Dierkes Lake

We spent a gorgeous day at Dierkes Lake with "Aunt" Jodi.  For those of you not familiar with Dierkes, it is an oxbow lake off of the Snake River.  It is fun to go swimming down in the canyon, but the water definitely takes your breath away.  Brrrrr!
Jodi was a trooper and took the boys out in the big pool.
Here she is doing a little bonding with Andrew.  They played "find the rock" for a very long time.  Throw the rock, find the rock, throw the rock, find the rock, throw the rock...you get the idea.
Joey picked these girls up at the playground.  He always makes friends with the ladies.
Joshua was content to hang out on the blanket and try to eat grass.
We were watching the big boys swim with Jodi.
This was Joey's favorite part.  There were a bunch of fish (about 5 inches long) that a group of boys were trying to catch. I don't know how, but he talked someone out of their net.
Did I mention this is the Snake River?  Ya know, brrrrr.
I love days like this.   

No comments: