I couldn't help but laugh at myself over this. Joey is so different than I was as a child. I was extremely (painfully) shy and he is the complete opposite of shy. When I was in kindergarten we learned Stop, Drop, and Roll too, except that I refused to do it. I wouldn't even speak aloud in class and I was certainly not throwing myself on the floor in front of my class.
I wasn't planning on adding this to this post, but since I mentioned it I may as well add it. Every day in kindergarten we had to say our name to the class. I would not say my name, so every day I went home with a note pinned to my shirt that read, "Dana wouldn't say her name in class today". This happened over and over again until it read, "Dana whispered her name in my ear today". That's a start, right? I finally said my name aloud in class. What a breakthrough! I know it is ridiculous, but that is my natural temperament. I am so glad that Joey doesn't have those same hang-ups.

2 comments:
I remember when I finally got the note saying you whispered your name to Mr. Touth (?). It was a hudge break through. I also remember you got in trouble on the bus and had to sit in the front row for awhile, the bus driver also sent a note telling me all about you getting in trouble. I actually was happy you had enough nerve to finally get in trouble!!!!!
That's funny because I can remember you staying the night at my house, and since my dad worked nights, we were supposed to be quiet. We were always in trouble because Dana couldn't be quiet! :) Love you girl! I do remember her being shy in pre-school and kindergarten though. I'm the one who found her behind the bookcase and asked her to be friends!
Post a Comment